We sit down with Marcus J. Moore, music critic for the BBC in London, The Washington City Paper in D.C., OkayPlayer & Potholes In My Blog, among other publications. Grammy Academy member.
For Tips from the Stylist: http://angelabelt.com
More behind the scenes info to follow.
We shot with a Canon T3i, 50mm 1.8, 10-22mm EF-S, Zoom H1 and the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro.
Here is what I enjoyed about making this video:
- Coming up with creative b-roll shots on location
- Using b-roll to bridge sections of our video. Eventually, we will find a way to work with very few titles.
- Varying our framing for different questions i.e. WS MS
- Styling props to help tell story and connect writing with Marcus in a visual way
- We changed the music on this peice
What I learned
- Don't hide the external mic behind props to get more direct sound
- Just bought a Zoom H4n with two lavalier mics FTW
- I bought an excellent tripod on the recommendation of Cheesycam.com Fancier FT-718 fluid tripod!
- I shot at the magic hour just before sunset and with my back to the sun. I loved the lighting on this video
- Sound was a challenge again, but I gotta work with what I have